Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Song #7 From Loneliness to Home

 

More bleating about being alone. I do remember feeling lonely for a very long time but it’s tiresome to track this ongoing theme decades later! 1976 - still in England but clearly going home soon and looking forward to it. Already picturing flying in over Adelaide “nestled between the hills and the sea.”

I can still play this song – it’s still in the memory. Not a bad tune actually – sounds much better than it reads 😊

 

FROM LONELINESS TO HOME

I never thought I’d feel this alone

And I’ve got to say that I – I want home

I’m on my own – it’s happened again

But I’m not one to stand around and cry

You can wait a long time till the tears are dry

So I’ll take to the air for the journey home

 

See see my home town

See see my home town

Nestled between the hills and the sea

Safe and secure like my dreams and me

 

I’ve been here so long I don’t know what’s going on

Sitting her watchin’ and thinkin’ ‘bout not much at all

Wonderin’ if I’m the only one

Who wonders why the sun goes down

And comes up again at dawn

 

I’ve been here too long – I don’t know what’s going on

1976

No comments:

Blackbird

  Blackbird Holden St Theatres Wed 4 April 2024 A conversation with someone who sexually abused you when you were 12 years old is never ...