Thursday, September 09, 2021

Song #46 Southern Man; Northern Lady

 


SOUTHERN MAN; NORTHERN LADY

 

I am a southern man

You’re a northern lady

Will we ever agree?

Am I too old for you?

Are you too young for me?

I’m lookin’ at your dream babe

Can you share it with me?

Do you know my dreams?

Will you ever share them with me?

Or is it too far gone?

 

We’re rising the crest of a wave

 

I am a southern man

You’re a northern lady

We could never agree

I was too old for you

You were too young for me

I was starin’ at your dreams babe

You wouldn’t share them with me

You never knew my dreams

You couldn’t share them with me

It was too far gone

We’re riding the crest of a wave

 

(M Coghlan 1989)


Commentary

Exploring what went wrong - age, culture, interests. Lots of fault lines that we couldn't fix. Sang it for a while but have completely forgotten how it went. Don't think it was much good anyway :)


 

No comments:

Blackbird

  Blackbird Holden St Theatres Wed 4 April 2024 A conversation with someone who sexually abused you when you were 12 years old is never ...